Sunday, October 9, 2011

Making the Implicit Explicit Marmar EDT 619 Week 6 Blog Post

I really appreciate this blog. It describes what many of us wonder.  How are people being taught to utilize technology?  When you discussed the dialog and subsequent voice thread activity with the second grade class I thought back to my days as a preschool teacher. When I first started working as a preschool teacher, I had an epiphany,  Verbs that we take for granted (i.e. tying our shoes, going to the bathroom, brushing our teeth, putting things away in its proper place) did not happen automatically. We had to be taught to execute.  My favorite preschool was Montessori because children could practice until proficient in whatever skill they needed to master. Therefore, it is no surprise that technology skills need to be modeled as well. Skill mastery may take a few tries, but when a teacher patiently guides students of all ages to explore technology tools then executing the skills needed to carry out a task on the computer becomes second nature.

The only thing that I would contribute to the blog question is when one places the cursor on the icon Internet icon on newer models; a distribution of websites the user is currently exploring comes up.
http://mscofino.edublogs.org/2009/12/10/making-the-implicit-explicit/comment-page-1/#comment-3943

No comments:

Post a Comment